Once employees determine they have been the victim of illegal discrimination by the employer, they must go about filing a complaint with the EEOC in order to state a federal civil rights claim. The EEOC then follows procedures to make a determination about the validity of the claim and what actions it should take to resolve the claim.

Inside The EEOC