Arizona unemployment insurance benefits can provide a much-needed financial cushion while you are looking for work. If you are an Arizona resident and you have recently been laid off, you should file for unemployment benefits right away, as eligibility for benefits begins on the date you apply, not the date you were laid off. There are no retroactive payments.
To qualify for unemployment insurance benefits in the state of Arizona, you must:
1. Be unemployed through no fault of your own
2. Have earned wages in the calculated base period from Arizona employer(s) subject to the unemployment insurance program
3. Be actively searching for full-time employment
4. Be able to work a full-time job
Before you file an unemployment claim in the state of Arizona you need:
1. Your Social Security number
2. Your mailing address, including the street address, city, state and ZIP code
3. The county in which you live
4. Names, addresses, and phone numbers of all your employers for the last 18 months
5. The last day of your employment
6. The dollar amount of any severance, lieu of notice or dismissal pay; payment for unused vacation, sick, or holiday leave; or payment for military accrued leave, and the date you received (or will receive) the payment.
7. The name and local number of your union hall, if you are a union member
8. Your Alien Registration Number if applicable
9. Copy # 4 of your DD Form 214 if released from the military in the last 18 months
10. Form SF 8 or SF 50 if employed in Federal Civilian service in the last 18 months
11. Start date of any pension income you are receiving (if applicable) and the monthly benefit amount.
Arizona unemployment benefits can be applied for either by phone or online. Telephone applications are processed by the ARRA system 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. MST, Monday-Friday by calling:
Phoenix Area (602) 364-2722
Tucson Area (520) 791-2722
All other areas 1-877-600-2722