In order to be eligible to collect unemployment in the state of Connecticut, you must:
• You must be monetarily eligible, by having previously had sufficient earnings in the Connecticut base period.
• You must be totally or partially unemployed.
• The reason for your job separation must be acceptable to the state of Connecticut.
• You are physically and mentally able to work
• You are available for and currently seeking work
Before you file an unemployment claim in Connecticut, you will need:
1. Your Social Security number
2. Your work history for the past 18 months, including:
a. Dates of employment
b. Your employer(s)’ business names, addresses, and phone numbers
c. Your total income received from each employer
d. Your Alien Registration Number (if applicable)
e. Your address and phone number
You can file for Connecticut unemployment by phone, by using the TeleBenefits system, or online. Online filing is limited to workers who are totally unemployed, and who have had only one employer in the past six months.