Missouri unemployment is a joint program of the federal government and the state of Missouri. Missouri unemployment benefits are limited to 4% of the average of your two highest quarters of base period earnings. This amount is presently a maximum of $320 per week.
In order to be eligible for Missouri unemployment benefits, you must:
- Have worked as an employee in Missouri in covered employment
- Earned wages of at least $1,500 in one quarter out of four calendar quarters preceding the current quarter; there must be wages in the three quarters of at least $750.
- Be involuntarily unemployed, and not have been fired for cause.
Before you apply for unemployment compensation in Missouri, you’ll need to should assemble all the necessary information you will need to file the claim. This includes:
- Your Social Security number, name, address, and phone number
- A separation letter or notice,with the reason for your job loss, if your former employer issued one
- Information on all employers for the previous 18 months, including: names and addresses, dates employed
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal immigration status
You can file for Missouri unemployment online at www.moclaim.com, 24 hours a day, except between 11:30 PM on Saturday and 12:31 AM on Sunday, Central Time.
You can file for Missouri unemployment by telephone from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time, Monday through Friday, except holidays.