Nebraska unemployment insurance is a joint federal and state program that pays weekly benefits to insured Nebraska workers who are unemployed or working reduced hours through no fault of their own.
In order to qualify to receive benefits, an individual must:
- Have worked for an employer in Nebraska that paid unemployment insurance taxes
- Be able to work
- Be available for work
- Be actively seeking work each week
For filing you may need:
- Your Nebraska drivers license number or Nebraska ID
- Names, addresses and dates worked for all employers within the last 18 months.
- Bank routing and account number, if you prefer direct deposit to a debit card.
Nebraska does not issue checks for unemployment benefits.
You can file for unemployment in Nebraska online or by phone at 402- 458-2500. Both systems are available 24/7, except for maintenance periods Monday through Friday from 12:00 am to 6:00 am and Saturday from 5:00 am to 6:00 am.