Happy family

Find a legal form in minutes

Browse US Legal Forms’ largest database of 85k state and industry-specific legal forms.


The Nevada Department of Unemployment, Training and Rehabilitation (DETR) is the state agency that oversees unemployment claims in the state of Nevada. If you are a Nevada worker who has been laid off, you will want to file an unemployment claim. The agency has a well-established system to make this process easier.

To be eligible for unemployment in Nevada, you must:

  •  Have sufficient earnings within an established base period
  •  Be unemployed or employed less than full-time
  •  Be out of work through no fault of your own
  •  Be actively seeking work and willing to accept suitable work, when offered
  •  Be willing to keep a weekly record of your work search contacts

To file an unemployment claim in the state of Nevada, you will need:

  •  Your Social Security number
  •  Names and addresses of your last two employers, including dates of employment
  •  Alien Registration number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
  •  A personal identification number (PIN) if you are re-starting an existing claim.

In Nevada, you can file for unemployment benefits:

  • Online by accessing Nevada’s Internet Claims System (Claims may be filed 24/7 )
  • Via telephone
    • If you live in Northern Nevada, call 1-775-684-0350
    • If you are a Southern Nevada resident, call 1-702-486-0350
    • If you live in rural Nevada or out of state, call 1-888-890-8211

Inside Nevada