The New Hampshire unemployment compensation system is managed by the New Hampshire Employment Security division. In addition to New Hampshire unemployment, the division helps people to find work, helps employers to find candidates, and helps people with their career choices, changes and career adjustment.
To be eligible:
- You need to have worked in New Hampshire
- You need to have become unemployed through no fault of your own.
- You need to have received wages as an employee for an employer that was subject to the New Hampshire Unemployment Compensation law.
For filing you need:
- Social Security number
- Name and address of all employers for whom you have worked during the past two years
- Dates worked for each employer.
- If you’re applying in person bring your Social Security card and your W-2s for the past two years with you .
New Hampshire prefers you to file the initial claim online. If you don’t have Internet access, you can file in person at a New Hampshire Employment Security office. Expect the in person visit to take one to two hours.