If you have recently lost your job in the state of Wyoming, and you are actively seeking employment, you may qualify for unemployment insurance. Filing is easy and can be done online or by telephone. Compensation ranges from $31 – $438 per week for up to 26 weeks. In addition, some people will be eligible for additional compensation beyond the 26 weeks if circumstances are proven to be dire.
You will need to meet the following requirements to be Eligible for Wyoming’s unemployment benefits:
- Have become unemployed through no fault of your own
- Be actively seeking a new job
- Be able to work and be available
- Earned enough wages in the previous year, known as the base period
Before filing your unemployment claim, you will need to have the following:
- Social Security Number
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of your employers for the last 18 months. If you worked outside of Wyoming during the last 18 months, you will also need to include that employee information as well.
- Last date you worked
- Also make sure you can prove that you were not fired from your previous employer
To file for unemployment in Wyoming you will need to start the process online or via the telephone.
Telephone filing can be done through the following numbers:
Calls inside the state of Wyoming 1 – 307 – 473 – 3789
Outside the state of Wyoming, you will need to call 1 – 866 – 729 – 7799